Just Shoot It! Photography Workshop
Provided by Jill Marlow of
Date: November 3rd, 2012
Time: 9:00am to 5:00pm
Max number of attendees: 10
Location: Kalispell, studio and on location
After attending the Rocky Mountain School of Photography and working as a professional photographer for over 13 years I have frequently had clients, colleagues, friends and family express frustration with their cameras and the pictures they take. After the fun and success of the first class earlier this year I decided to put on another one! I will also be offering an intermediate class in November.
This workshop is for anyone wanting to advance their photography skills with a full day of learning with hands on training! This class is designed to teach you to take your camera off of program/auto and have fun doing it! We start with the fundamentals and technical stuff. We will have a wonderful catered lunch, then head out to go on location with a model to try out everything we learned. The last couple of hours will be back at the studio for review, critiquing and post processing of our pictures. A Q&A and feedback session will wrap up our day!
This Workshop builds a strong foundation of digital photography knowledge.
- Learn about all the necessary digital photography techniques and terms, from scene modes, manual modes, ISO and depth of field, and everything in-between
- Learn how the fundamental settings affect the shot you want to get
- Explore composition and posing
- Different shooting styles from landscape to macro
- Get familiar with a basic digital workflow
- Learn some editing tricks
- Review and critique of your pictures from the assignment
- Q & A session
What you need to bring:
· Notebook and pen
· Digital camera (must have “m” or a manual mode)
· Your camera’s manual
· Memory card
· Card reader or cable for your camera
Student initiated cancellations will receive a 50% refund for notice received at least 2 weeks immediately prior to the workshop. No refund will be given if cancelled less than 2 weeks prior to the workshop. Refunds will normally be processed within 30 days but can sometimes take up to 60 days.